“Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you” (Romans 12:2 Message Bible).
The time has come for you, My beloved one, to make some choices and let go of things that are lawful but not profitable (1 Corn. 6:12). There is a time and season for everything. A new season is here and you cannot hold on to those things any longer. They are not sin in and of their selves. It is the effect they have on your life I am concerned about. I know the plans I have for you and I also know the plans the enemy has.
The enemy uses every opportunity he can. He roars like a lion to intimidate you and will turn everything into an open door if allowed. Make no room for him. Close every door. Confess every sin and break agreement with every impure and unprofitable word spoken by you or over you.
I am never taken unawares. Everything is visible and exposed before Meâ€”the past, the present and the future. In the days to come I will be showing you many things that you need to let go of. Donâ€™t be afraid or unwilling. All negatives are manifest in order to remove their power over your life. Just know that Holy Spirit will teach you and guide you into all truth with love (John 16:13).
Others may see the things I show you to let go of as insignificant and petty to rid oneâ€™s self of, but for you they are keys to the future. This process will not be hard or worrisome, but liberating in every way. Each and every thing you discard will be replaced with heavenly gifts and perspectives. You will be transformed by the renewing of your mind (Romans 12:2). Your burdens will be light and there will be more room in your life for My purposes. Letting go makes room for more of Me. Be filled with anticipation and excitement at any prospect to lighten your load and embrace Me.
A Heart of Faith
Beloved, you must remember the enemy will use any opportunity he can to rob your future and your hope (John 10:10). He doesnâ€™t know the future, yet he senses upcoming victories I have planned for your life. He senses and knows you have an incredible destiny. He has heard the words of your mouth declaring the things of purpose contained in your heart. What he didnâ€™t know before you spoke he knows now; therefore it is time for a little housecleaningâ€”a little housekeeping. It is time to put off any aspect of the old man (Ephesians 4:22).
You are new in Christ and old things have passed away. All things become new in Me. You become new on a daily basis. Sometimes you canâ€™t see it because you are living it. Things seem slow in the midst of process but as sure as the sun shines these things are unfolding. It is the same for and with you.
This is not time to be shortsighted or complacent. The enemy dines on complacency and apathy born of the assumption nothing will ever change. Change is here and here to stay. Embrace it. Embrace letting go. Embrace My yoke.
It is time to strengthen your resolve before any strong holds can be established. Be on the offensive. After all you have the upper hand because you are Mine, created in My image and filled with My Spirit. I am greater in you than he is in this world or any circumstance thrown your way (1 John 4:4). Open up your heart to the slightest whisper, the slightest direction and obey. Listen carefully in the days ahead and be obedient to the smallest shifting I might require.
Many times it is easy to discard the so called â€śbig thingsâ€ť but hard to let go of the little foxes that spoil the vines. Often these can be an opinion, an attitude, a mindset and so on. Regardless whether it is of the thought life, the physical life or the spiritual life, you must be ever mindful of letting go. Just because something is spiritual and is good doesnâ€™t mean it should be continued by you. Listen closely for My Word and Directive, and then obey. All will fall into place.
Yes, Beloved, your upcoming days are to be days of letting go. Once again, let Me remind you, letting go of one thing leaves room for another. Ah . . . yes, it makes room for more of Me. Letting go positions you to walk in a state of expectancy and excitement with composure and peace. Unprofitable things are of no value and without benefit. They compete with all the good I have planned for you, sometimes wearing a mask of importance and value. This is why it is imperative for you to come to Me with an attitude of quick to hear and quick to obey. In doing this you save much time and effort.
Unprofitable things cloud your vision and create a lack of success. They take up space, time, effort and energy. Some even leave you with a sense of guilt and shame. They have the effect of burying oneâ€™s talents in the soil or capping the river of life that flows from you through the power of distraction, and function as a smoke screen of obstruction
In this new season of your life I am ready to dispense new revelation and open doors of opportunity, enabling you to share the many life-changing gifts I have endowed you with. If you are sidetracked or paying attention to other things, the gifts I have given you will not be a visible active force in your life in a profound and productive way. Unsuccessful things are simply what the word declares: lacking benefit, unsuccessful, at a loss or causing loss, losing, ineffective, fruitless, and futile.
I want to use you to the fullest measure in all your gifts from the least noticeable to the most public. Remember, unprofitable things are a distraction therefore they cause harm. Make room for Me and I will make room for you among great men (Proverbs 18:16).
Put away childish things all the while remembering the lessons you learned (I Corn. 13:11). When you were a child playing with toys or dolls you were learning how to love and care for others in your adult years. There was a day however when your toys became passing thoughts relegated to warm memories. You knew instinctively the time had come to lay them aside in favor of something better and more appropriate to your age.
Loving people and friendship won the day. The toys were not harmful but became unprofitable in real life relationships other than the lessons you learned in the process of play.
It is that time once againâ€”time to let go of processes, ideas, and ways of doing which are familiar and comfortable. A place of comfort is not where I have called you to be. I have called you to be on the very precipice of what I am doingâ€”to be riding the crest of the wave of My move in the earth.
I know it is harder, the older you get, if not diligent in the practice of letting go. Donâ€™t lose the excitement and expectation of a child for a brighter and more interesting day in favor of childish or worldly things that hold your attention. Pleasure for a moment has the capability to rob for a lifetime. Nothing can compare to what I have to give you in this day and hour.
It is in the place of laying down oneâ€™s own life in favor of another that true beauty and service are found. I laid My life down for you (1 John 3:16). You must this day lay many things down for I am present to fill you with new vision, new ideas and new dreams. I am here to pour them into you and fill your cup to running over. Hear Me whisper in your ear new ways of thinking and doing. Hear Me speak to your heart as I express My excitement of things we are going to do together. Be strong and courageous and follow Me into new adventures.
My Beloved, are you truly willing to let all things go in order to receive more of Me? Count it all joy to leave behind anything and everything I ask you to let go of. Who knows, like Abraham and Isaac, it may not have to be. In some things you need to know what is in your heart in order to move on, in order to place more value on Me than on the thing your love and desire. Anything you are willing to let go of no longer has power to control your heart or your actions. Letting go makes way for the ability to surrender all, accompany all you do and who you are.
I am waiting with a heart full of treasure to dispense. The minute, the second you let go of anything, I can open up what I desire to give in its place. I will fill every emptied place with abounding grace and abundant mercy to overcome. It will be a simultaneous action. I will not leave you wanting. I am your Good Shepherd and you shall not want (Psalms 23).
Remember the enemy comes to rob, kill and steal, but I come to give you an ever increasingly abundant life (John 10:10). You are the one who must let go to make room. I am the One who must fill. Your complete cooperation makes things faster and easier.
Letting go and renewing your mind with My words softens the wineskin of your life with the oils of heaven and creates the ability to hold the new and the fresh. New wine is ready to be poured out (Matt. 9:16-18). The time has come. Are you ready? I am.
Yes, Lord, I am ready. There are some things I am aware of and some I am not. I choose to let go of all hindering aspects of my life for a more excellent way. Just because someone else can express liberty in certain areas doesnâ€™t mean I can. Show me everything, and I mean everything, necessary for complete liberty in my life. I will release them, shutting the door on the enemyâ€™s accusations.
Help me to recognize the times and seasons of my life and how they relate to Your purpose for me. I am willing to let go, and if there are any places I might have a tendency to cling to, I embrace Your supernatural strength and will be obedient.
Help me to put away childish attitudes and ways of doing things. My spirit witnesses with Your Spirit and agrees that the time has come to let go of child-like attitudes and actions. Children feel they must always have their way when they want it and how they want it. May my heart never be childish in this way. May my heart only be child-like when it comes to faith and the ability to receive gifts with glee.
There is nothing in this life worth holding on to if it diminishes Your ability to flow through me. It so amazes me that You know me at such depth, and yet You are willing to love and use someone like me. How great is Your love and mercy?
I receive abundant life today and declare that my joy is made full in the Lord and the Lord alone. Nothing else can satisfy. Nothing else has the power to set me free. The Word hidden in my heart sets me free and renews my mind. The wineskin of my heart and life are softened by the oil of Heaven as Your Spirit is poured afresh into me. The time has come and I am ready. Come, Lord Jesus, come.
The anticipation and excitement of better day compels me. Destiny is calling me. I forsake any wrong beliefs about myself and release all hindrances. I choose to agree with You. The time has come and I respond with gladness. Strengthen and enable me, Holy Spirit. Amen
1. Take some time and reflect on this being a new time and season in your life.
2. Are there things the Lord has been speaking to you about letting go of? They might not necessarily be the so called â€śbiggies.â€ť They could be simple things you give too much time to and interfere with your time with Him. Reflect and respond.
3. Have you ever justified something you do or think by what someone else does? Jesus is the standard and plumb line. Take a serious look and ask Holy Spirit to reveal as He wishes, not as you wish. Take appropriate steps to put down and pick up only what He tells you to.
4. What are some unprofitable areas in your life? Take some time to list these as Holy Spirit reveals them to you.
5. Have you found yourself shortsighted or complacent in any way? Reflect and respond.
6. In what ways are you aware of Godâ€™s unfolding destiny on your life day by day?
7. Do you in any way see destiny as somehow out there and not connected to the immediate day you live in?
8. How do you think seeing destiny as the here and now would change your willingness to let go of temporal unprofitable things?
9. Share your struggles in letting go of certain things in your journal and trust your heavenly Father to reveal the reasons you hold on to certain areas of your life. He will not give you the answers without the power to overcome. Always be willing to seek out help and prayer from others. One puts a thousand to flight and two ten thousand.
10. What unprofitable things in your life have worn a mask of importance just because they seemed the good or right thing to do?
11. Reflect on your tendency to be quick to hear and quick to obey. Respond with confession and commitment.
12. What usually has the power to sidetrack or discourage you in your endeavors to let go or move on in things He has asked you to do?
13. Do you consider the times He uses you in the mundane and private ways as valuable as in a public or grander format? Why or why not?
14. Write down some to the gifts you know the Lord has given you and let Him reveal through your writing how He wishes to use them.
15. What childish attitudes have you been holding on to? You can tell if they are childish if they insist in having their own way or feel put out at being inconvenienced by others or circumstances.
16. What mindsets, process or ways of doing things do you need to make adjustments to in order to receive new ways of doing things?
17. Take some time to be with Him and reflect on any stubborn areas and let Him minister life and freedom to you. Listen carefully to what He speaks when you let go. He is present to fill you to overflowing with many good things. Reflect and Respond.
18. What new wine do you long for? Share your heart with Him.
19. Reflect on the simultaneous action of letting go and receiving at the same time. Does this give you incentive to make such and exchange with the Lord. If so, how?
20. Today, right this moment is your time and season. Each new day with the Lord is always a new time and season, seeing that His mercies are new every morning. Reflect on how this very moment is a new season and old things have passed away. Refuse to eat from the fruit of yesterday and pick fresh fruit from the tree of life set before you today. What do you want to pick? What abundant life do you need?
21. Are you ready? Reflect and respond to the Lord with a letter of commitment and love of your own. Once you have done this take time and let Him speak back to you in specific ways according to your own circumstances. He wants to.