â€śHowever, when they persisted with their question, He raised Himself up and said, Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at herâ€ť (John 8:7 NKJV).
â€ś For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly placesâ€ť( Ephesians 6:12 NKJV).
Beloved, put away all thoughts, words and deeds against others no matter how small and in inconsequential they may seem. There is no such thing as inconsequential word. They either bring about good consequences or bad ones. Even if they have a seemingly neutral connotation, to them there is almost always an underlying motive of some sort.
Thoughts contrary to the Word make mischief in your heart. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks (Luke 6:45). There is no such thing as a little wrong thought. Each negative thought you give in to makes way for more unprofitable thoughts. They build on each other one by one. So be most careful! Reckless words born out of wrong thoughts not taken captive to the obedience of Christ leads to mistakes and unkind ways.
Words not thought out before spoken can cause you to veer off the path of righteous ways of being and doing. Often times, words are spoken in relation to observations made about circumstances and situations you encounter. Just because something looks one way on the surface doesnâ€™t mean it is as it seems or that it has to stay the same.. Choose not to come into agreement with visible negative facts but release the truth of My Word over the situation or person. Let the inherent power of My Word have its way. Agree with Me and not supposed facts.
I have taught you to feed off every Word proceeding from My mouth for I only speak that which gives life. Consider how others feed from the words of your mouth. Therefore, be mindful of what your say and create life, create hope. You will not be disappointed.
Beloved, I tell you to speak words of loveâ€” words of patience because I love you and want you to walk in all the fullness of My abundant life. I do not want you to endure the results caused by planting wrong seeds in your heart or the hearts of others. It is much easier to deal with things right up front than to spend precious time weeding out the garden of your life. This time could be used in much better ways. Besides, I have made you like Me. This is what itâ€™s all about.
All the words I speak to you, even if they bring to light issues of your heart, create life. Once again, out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. Adjust your heart attitude and your words will change.
Not only do reckless words plant a destructive crop of weeds, they will cause you to drift back into old habit patterns, opening doors to doubt and unbelief. Sin always crouches at the door of your heart looking for entrance, hoping to draw you into unacceptable ways (Genesis 4:7).
How the old nature wants to instate its place as head over all and to exercise control over your thought lifeâ€”over your spoken word. As in all things, I give you power to overcome any such tendencies from the smallest to the largest, and to fulfill the highest commandment next to loving Meâ€”loving your neighbor as yourself.
Remember, each tree is known by its fruit; each fountain is known by its water. Today is a day of graceful thinking and graceful words. Embrace it.
Unguarded and ill thought-out words open doors for the enemy as much or more than actions. Many an unsound action has come out of ill-spoken words. The sound of your words continues on, creating life or death (Proverbs 18:21). If spoken directly to a person, they have the power to inflict wounds that last a lifetime. Sticks and stones break bones but words have the potential to destroy a heart â€”a life.
Why so much time on this subject? Ah . . . it is so necessary. I formed and framed the worlds with My Words (Hebrews 11:3). I used words to create fashion and to equip. Well-chosen words have the power to equip, to prepare, to train the lives of those around you in the same way My words equipped the earth to hold and sustain multitudes of those I love.
Words not only equip, they sustain and enable one to maintain a constant path for good or bad. One of the most beautiful results birthed out of words of life is the ability to bring chaos into order. My Words took a void wasteland and changed it into a garden. So can yours.
Choose life, and if you struggle in areas of critical thinking, take the time to renew your mind in this area with My Word (Romans 12:2). Speak like Me and you will be like Me in the natural realm. The inside will transform the outside. Call yourself what I call you and be changed.
Beloved, consider this; If you drove your car the way you speak, would you still be driving accident free? The course of hell is sat on fire by the tongue (James 3:1-12). Your words have the power of life and death. Choose life! Choose life not only for others but also for your own self. It is not OK to speak kindly to others and demean yourself. I desire for you to speak only beneficial words over your own life as well.
As your draw closer to Me in the days to come, listen carefully and I will put My words in your mouth. I will purify your heart and cause your fountain to only bring forth sweet water. This is a common plight to all men for all have sinned and come short of My glory but it is possible to live a pure hearted life without guile.
Repent and choose life! Ask for forgiveness from anyone youâ€™ve hurt, disparaged or judged with your thoughts, words or actions and I will nullify them. I will release healing in their place. I will put a guard over your mouth and anoint your lips with kindness. I will cause pleasant words to flow from you like honey from the honeycomb. And like honey, they will bring healing to your mind and body (Proverbs 16:24).
Beloved, let Me contend with hurtful words or wrong actions others have levied against you. Choose in your own heart not to receive them, and I will take care of the rest. Negative responses only perpetuate things and forestall the graces of My heart. I will take care of every word raised up against you (Isaiah 54:17). This is the heritage of My sons and daughtersâ€”to have righteousness, security and triumph over ever opposition. When you realize your place, your heritage of any need to retaliate or respond in a negative manner will fade away, enabling you to completely depend on Me.
When wrong hurtful words come out of your mouth in response, having destructive judgmental potential, they transfer intent and fault to another person thereby justifying your own position. If they have done things contrary to My will, it is My place to contend. I may use you to speak into their life if you are in a place of humility and not judgment. Love covers a multitude of sins and mercy triumphs over judgment (1 Peter 4:8 Proverbs 10:12). It is so for youâ€”it is so for others.
Therefore, let no talk or language come out of your mouth unless it is edifying (Ephesians 4:29). If you think on whatever is lovely and upright, your speech will reflect it. You are what you eat. Eat the Word and you will be the manifested Word in your own life and the lives of others. There is no other way.
Know I am saying all of this because I love you and want your life to manifest an unparalleled blessing and fullness. Not only is it My job to do so but a most cherished privilege I do not take lightly.
Father, open the eyes of my heart in this area and flood it with Your light. Please make me aware of any unknown judgments I have against others. I repent and ask forgiveness for all the ones I am aware of. I never want to side with the enemy or his tactics in any way. I am so aware of all my own weakness and hate it when people throw stones at me. It is not my place and hurts my relationship with You, obscuring the fullness of communion with You.
I forgive others for the stones they have thrown at me and forgive myself for responding in a like manner. You are my defender and I release all these things into Your hands. I release the stones and pick up the sword and Your Word, cutting asunder the enemy. I want my heart to be one of service and love. I choose to forgive as I am forgiven and love as I am loved. Father, I thank you for Your correction. It is always seasoned with mercy, grace and love building up; it never tears down. I will not cast the first stone.
- Take some time to contemplate the underlying motives of even the simplest negative words you might be accustomed to thinking. What are some of these words?
- Are there some words you have spoken out of frustration or what one might call simple observation of the facts in your own life or the lives of others? Break agreement with any negative association and speak His Word.
- What crops in your life are you now harvesting due to wrong words planted? Repent, ask for forgiveness, and release anyone, including you, involved. Speak death to all weeds and tares and any possible future harvest.
- Examine the fruit in your life and you will automatically know what you have been planting by way of words or attitudes.
- In what areas or with what people do you need to develop patience? Submit your heart to the process and be willing for the Lord to bring to light anything prohibiting this from taking place.
- In what way are you framing your family, your job, or the world you are living in with your words? Take some time to really think on this and make adjustments.
- What chaotic situation in your life or the lives of others needs for you to speak a Word which can and will restore order? Ask Holy Spirit which Word you should use. He knows best.
- Take some time to reflect on any words you habitually speak over your own life. For instance, you could always say, â€śIâ€™m tired!â€ť If you constantly say this I guarantee you will be tired. All words great and small have the power to affect your life. Be careful what you say.
- Think about it, break agreement and embrace the truth in its place. In reference to the above example one opposite confession would be, â€śWhen I am weak He is strong!â€ť See the difference. Both ways of speaking take the same amount of energy but have different results. Which way would you prefer to be?
- Have you felt yourself on the defensive rather than the offensive with anyone in your life? Take some time to be in His presence and let go.
- Have you let the actions of others in anyway justify any behavior in your own life?
- What have you been eating? His Word? Wrong thinking? Anything else?