Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father keeps feeding them. Are you not worth much more than they? (Matthew 6:26 Amplified)
HOW LOVELY are Your tabernacles, O Lord of hosts! My soul yearns, yes, even pines and is homesick for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out and sing for joy to the living God. Yes, the sparrow has found a house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young–even Your altars, O Lord of hosts, my King and my God. Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are those who dwell in Your house and Your presence; they will be singing Your praises all the day long. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! (Psalms 84:1-4 Amplified)
Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And [yet] not one of them is forgotten or uncared for in the presence of God (Luke 12:6 Amplified)
But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, then; you are of more value than many sparrows (Matthew 10:30-31 Amplified)
Beloved, I know in times past, both in the far off and in the very recent, you have experienced weariness of heartâ€¦weariness in life. Yes, there have been spurts of energy and exuberant faith when seeds of destiny were dropped into the good soil of your heart and the promises given by men watered them like sweet spring rain. On account of this, hope sprang up only to be doused by the failure of men. Only hope in Me carries the day and brings the harvest.
I know of your expectations and trust in many who have promised to do things with and for you. You thought things to be simple and forthright. You thought people meant what they said and would do accordingly. For the most part, this is true.
However, on the other hand, sometimes it does not happen that way. Why? There are so many reasons; but mostly, people are just people like youâ€¦people with good intentions and busy lives. They mean what they say when they say it and then life happens.
Beloved, I am not excusing the practice of breaking promises or not living up to covenant; but, I am saying that men are men and just like you they fail…they miss the mark. This is where grace and a true understanding of provision come in to save the day. This is where knowing oneâ€™s value to the King of Kings can make or break the dayâ€¦can determine if it is filled with joy and trust or if it is filled with anxiety, self-doubt or even worseâ€¦having a heart filled with offense, bitterness and resentment at the one who failed to keep their promiseâ€¦who failed to keep their covenant.
It is all about knowing the worth and the value I place in and on you. You are more than the birds of the air, more than the sparrow or swallow and yet I care for them (Matthew 10:26; Psalms 84:1-4; Luke 12:6). If I think it is important enough to number the hairs of your head, donâ€™t you think I care enough about all the promises and dreams of your heart. Of course I do. I am not limited to the ability of any man to keep his promise. I am the Promised One and I am the Promise.
What I am trying to say is this, â€śYou, My Beloved are more important than the birds of the air that I love and care for.â€ť
They do not worry and yet I keep providing. They do not toil, sow, reap or gather and I still care for them. Therefore, cease from your toil and cease from depending on men and what they have promised to do in order to see your promises, dreams and desires fulfilled. Yes, I will send men and they will help you; but, ultimately I am the One. I have the final word; therefore, forgive and forget and your path will be cleared of all stumbling blocks of offense and self-doubt. Faith will spring up in the assurance of My ability to make a way where there is no way. Trust Me regardless of the situation or how long it takes and do not let worry or self-defeat rule the day. You have already won the race in Me.
Beloved, consider the lilies and how they grow in relation to the promises and dreams of your lifeâ€¦in relation to all I have promised and all I say about you. What other people say or think about you can have no bearing on how I think and feel about you. No one has the power to persuade Me to feel differently about youâ€¦act differently toward you, influence Me in anyway related to being negative toward you, or stop Me from fulfilling all I have made covenant to do.
Just as the lily is capable of adapting and growing in many different environments, so are you capable of walking out the promise, purpose, destiny and dreams of your life. Lilies grow in valleys and fields. They grow in cultivated gardens and at times, they even grow among thorns. I, the Lily of the Valleys was once crowned with thorns and we all know how that worked out (Song of Songs 2:1). I am now seated at the right hand of Father and no thorn or plan of man could stop Me from being seated there.
Lilies grow rapidly and are very common in many environments. They can grow in the wildâ€¦in harsh conditions, unkind situations, and do so without effort. They do not toil nor do they spin. They simply grow in the environment provided. They bloom in a variety of colors including a brilliant white and their trumpet shaped petals protect the golden seeds of their heart.
With this in mind, know that you can grow and fulfill your dreams and walk out the fullness of destiny regardless of the success or failure of men to do on your behalf as they have promised. What stops you more than the unfulfilled promises of others is your own response to what happens in life both good and bad. Be like the lily and know you are a lily regardless of what environment you are planted inâ€¦regardless of whether the circumstances are pleasant and fulfilling or downright inhospitable.
Remember this most of all, when others fail, do not be lured into making things happen in your own flesh out of worry, fear or somehow having missed the mark. Bring it to Me instead and wait for the spring rain of new wisdom, revelation and understanding to come as to what your next step might be. And in the meantime while you are waiting, take pleasure and be fulfilled in the knowledge that I have clothed you in white and the golden seeds of promise are protected in the good soil of your heart. Trumpet this, even as the petals of the lily, trumpet a beauty more grand than all the beauty, excellence, grace and dignity with which Solomon was ever arrayed.
Beloved, have faith in Someone greater than you or those who have covenanted with youâ€¦those who made promises to you. Have faith in Me. Come aside with Me and the stress of life will cease. The need and pressure to arrive at your destination before you are supposed to will dissipate. The need to somehow get everything done NOW will fade away. Letting go of othersâ€¦letting go of worryâ€¦letting go of your own self-expectations will enable you to see the lily of your own life bloom.
Take a moment to simply close your eyes and see yourself free of expectations, disappointments, fears, and attachments to past negative experiences. Ask Me what you need to let go of in order not to spin or toilâ€¦in order to see the bloom of your own life as I see it. Ask Me. I am ready to answer.
Beloved, when it comes to all aspects of life, a key to living out an unhindered destiny walk is to know this: I am the original and the ultimate promise keeper and what I say supersedes what anyone else says or does. My truth always supersedes the facts. Many times you look at your life and lament about the facts. You think, facts are facts and it is what it is. To think in such a way is limiting and a death nail to life and libertyâ€¦death to a good future full of hope.
Time has come to fully combat this in your life, even to the smallest place where doubt and unbelief have entered in. It is time to close shut the door once and for all. It is time to exit the building of suspicion and misgiving and live in a new house based on what I say about who I am as your Promise Keeperâ€¦to live in a house named â€śit is finished and that settle is once and for all . â€ś
What is finished? What has been defeatedâ€¦death, hell and the grave. Promises now have life and not death. Promises are seated in Heaven and not hell. Promises are now resurrected and not buried in a grave. Promises are now in Me, the faithful one. Where I am your promises are there too. I even go one more step and remain faithful when others are not faithfulâ€¦even when you are not faithful. Beloved, put the enemy in remembrance of this truth. How he hates it when he is reminded of My ability and willingness to keep covenant regardless.
Beloved, let knowing I keep covenant not based on your works or ability to do what is right, but on the finished work of the Cross, give you comfort all the while infusing you with My steadfastness so you can stand when others fail to do as they promise. Depend only on My ability to keep you from falling.
I cannot deceive and nothing is impossible with me. I direct the hearts of kings and can redirect the heart of one who has forgotten to act according to their word or I can simply send someone else (Proverbs 21:1). Donâ€™t limit Me or put anything about or connected to Me in a box. What kind of adventure would that be?
Therefore, seize the day and the beauty it holds (Hebrews 10:23). Cling to and hold fast the Word of Truth you have received with joy and confidence. Acknowledge with your voice and shout from mountaintops of insurmountable odds that I who promised am reliable and faithful to My Wordâ€¦that I who established the earth from its foundations and framed it with My words am capable, willing and ready to establish your life as I proclaimed it to be before the worlds were formed. How can the failure of one manâ€¦one woman to do as they have promised nullify something I declared before you were ever born? To give such power to another would make them greater than Me. Selah. The key player in all you are called to do is not someone else and their ability or lack of to do as they say or be as they should. The key player is you. It is you and your choice as to who you will believe. I say believe the good report and inherit the Promised Land from the Promise Keeper. The time to start is right now.
Beloved, I know you have heard the word timing so many times before and it can seem clichĂ© or just another way to say, â€śIt just isnâ€™t happening and it may not.â€ť Timing is a place prone to doubt and unbelief or a place of rest and expectant hope. It all depends on how it is viewed.
Timing is like a field which rests in-between the promise and the victory. It can be one of two things, a mine field or a green pasture laced with still waters.
Timing as a mine field it is littered with and full of explosives aimed at maiming or killing the one daring to run through it without respecting the need navigate with skill, care and patience. When one runs, the ability to see ahead or in the peripheral is greatly diminished; thereby creating an environment not conducive to victory but instead prone to deception, self-fulfillment and fear. All these lies and more are used to abort the purpose and the person if at all possible.
Timing asÂ a green pasture laced with still waters, is a place of protection within the Good Shepherdâ€™s fold where one is able to rest in the sovereign goodness and mercy of My heart while I do as I have promised. It is a place to rest and eat at My banqueting tableâ€¦to hear the instructions of My heart as you abide in Me. In doing this, any explosives are dismantled or obverted through careful instruction as I go before you to destroy your enemies. This is how you feast at My table in the presence of your enemies. It is all in the timingâ€¦the taking time to eat in My presence and receive. It is here in this field of timing where I direct youâ€¦anoint youâ€¦protect you and surround you with goodness and mercy.
Timing can be what you want it to beâ€¦a place of frustration or a place of rest. Cry to Me and I hear you. Ask for wisdom and I give it. Be still and listen. Be still and lean into Me regardless of the wicked man â€¦regardless of the unwillingness or the inability of another to do as they have said or treat you as I would treat you. My yoke is easy. My burden is light. It creates a place of rest among the ticking of the clock.
Therefore, let your roots go deep into the streams I provide in the fields of timing in your life. Take advantage of every drop of water given along the way knowing another will be provided just as you need it in order to go on to the other side. Every time you stop to drinkâ€¦every time you stop to abide, the roots of your tree go deeper and deeper until you produce the fruit born of waiting and not growing weary. Fruit produced this way does not rot on the vine nor does it fail to produce the intended results for it will be sheltered by leaves that do not fade or wither.
Beloved, all things are and will come to maturity in their own time when you rest in My timing. Remember, one day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day. Donâ€™t be worried or concerned about somehow not fulfilling things in a certain amount of time. I have the ability to transform years into minutes and once the fruit is in full display you will forget the labor even as a mother does when the baby is born. All is forgotten in the midst of new life as jubilant shouts and tears of joy rule the day.
Forsake seeing and running through My timing as a mine field and embrace a time of rest in green pasture laced with still waters and you will be like a tree with fruit for every season and leaves that do not wither or fade. Forsake unforgiveness of others who have left you with promises not keptâ€¦forsake doubt, unbelief, self-ridicule, fear and you will prosper in all you do. Come and rest in My timing and all will be well.
Lord, please forgive me where I have thought trusting in men to keep their word was somehow the same as trusting in You. Only hope in You suffices and has the power to bring dreams to fulfillment. You use men to bring things about; but, when one fails, You are not limited in any way. Forgive me for limiting You to my sometimes quite narrow understanding.
I choose to release all those I have held to unrealistic expectations thereby, setting myself up for disappointment and even resentment. I know there have been many times I have failed to keep my word for I am human just like those who have failed me. I choose to walk in and release grace; for I know my heart and life are in Your hands. Nothing is impossible with You. Therefore, I exchange all doubt for faith, all blame for forgiveness and all anxiety for peace. I let go of any offenses, resentment or bitterness. I declare my destiny is in Godâ€™s hand where all things are possible.
I declare this day that I am of great value regardless of how I have felt about myself or what others think or say about me. My value to the Lord was demonstrated on a blood saturated cross and that settles everything. The hairs of my head are numbered. My name is carved in the palm of His hand. I am forever etched in His heart and His thoughts toward me are too numerous to be counted. The plans, dreams and desires of my heart are not and cannot be limited by the success or failure of another man. God is sovereign over my life and my dreams. Therefore, I keep my focus on the Lord and His desire for me which is full of unfailing love and promiseâ€¦full of mercy and grace.
The birds of the air are of great value to the Lord who created them. How much more valuable am I? Words cannot express and all of eternity will be needed to enable the Lord to share the love He has for me in His heart. Because of this, I choose not to struggleâ€¦choose not to try and prove myself or make things happenâ€¦choose not to blame others for failing to do the things they promised. Today I place all my dependence on and in the Lord who directs my steps. I forgive all, even my own self and the path before me is clear of all stumbling blocks of offense. I wait on the Lord for the race is already won.
Lord, there is only one opinion of me that will ever truly matter, Yours. Your opinion of me must supersede even my own belief about myself and my value or worth. I am so grateful that You cannot be swayed by what others think or say about me. You arenâ€™t even persuaded by my own self-doubts. You act totally contrary to all the negativity indulged in by myself or othersâ€¦contrary to all failure on my partâ€¦contrary to all the false remunerations of men as You keep covenant with me without missing a beat. You are never persuaded by facts, situations or circumstances outside of Your very own nature to pursue me with a relentless, ravished heart of love.
Therefore, I declare I am not abandoned or held to the standard of men, for I was loved, am loved and will be loved for all eternity. I am more valuable than the birds of the air, more beautiful than the lilies which grace the valleys and the fields. I am one who can grow among the thorny actions of men. I grow in green valleys, in lush fields, in harsh places and am adaptable to any environment I am planted in. I do not toil nor do I spin. I simply draw from the vine I abide in, Jesus. I do not have to make things happen. They will flow like living waters out of my relationship to the Lord.
Like the lily, I am clothed in whiteâ€¦my hands are lifted up in adoration, praise and surrender and my heart holds the golden seeds of truth and promise given to me by the Lord. All these things will testify to the goodness of God as my dreams unfold before me to give glory to His name. My faith is in someone greater than meâ€¦greater than the promises of menâ€¦greater than unfulfilled promisesâ€¦greater than any success. My faith is in the Lord who is the hope of salvation, healing and deliverance. I shall not be moved. I stand on the Rock and let go of all disappointment, insecurity, expectations, past negative experiences or failures. I put my whole, complete hope in Him who does not disappoint, Jesus. As I do this, the bloom of my life springs forth to declare His love and glory.
Lord, You are my Promise Keeperâ€¦the one and only true to the end covenant friend. You are the eternal life promised and given to me before the ages of time began. There is not one syllable of one Word You have spoken that is without power. Every Word you have spoken is fulfillment in and of itself, for Your word is endued with power given to it by You. Even if I am faithless, You are faithful for you cannot deny Yourself and who You are; the beginning, the end and all in between. In light of these truths, please forgive me for somehow believing the facts supersede the truth of Your Word.
Doubt and unbelief have always been at enmity with the power of the Cross. They have always been at enmity with the Wordâ€¦at enmity with the seed of Christ in me. To think, speak or act as if the Word is limited to the facts or situations we experience gives power to a spirit of doubt and unbelief in unprecedented and brings death, not life. It has been so since the beginning when doubt and unbelief were sewn as seeds in Adam and Eveâ€™s hearts. It is no different now. They were first sown by the Father of all lies; therefore, doubt and unbelief are demonic in nature. They are death.
Therefore, I choose to abandon doubt. I abandon unbelief and choose to resist the devil, submit to the Lord and the devil will flee. Death, hell and the grave have been defeated in my life. I shut the door to all deceptions and lies of the enemy about the true nature of God and the true nature of who I am in Him. I take my own thoughts captive and declare the authority of Godâ€™s Word in relation to my whole life as it relates to who I am, what I am to do and who others are as well. I stand in the covenant of God not based on human means or abilities. I stand in the covenant of God based on the truth of His Word which supersedes all other words or actions of men. Today I seize the day and the beauty it holds.
Lord, I cling and hold fast to You, the Word of Truth. I shout from the mountaintops, from the valleysâ€¦from every contrary circumstance and from every hindrance to the fulfillment of my promises and say â€śThe Lord reigns and has already done great things on my behalf. He has already established my way and I and I alone make the choice to walk in the path set before me regardless of what I see, hear, feel, or experience contrary to the promise.â€ť
This I know, Your timing is of supreme importance and if I do not walk according to it, I miss the best You have. Many things will be missed and many things will be born before their time when I donâ€™t wait on Youâ€¦.when I try to fulfill promises according to the flesh. I ask for an increase in the gift of discernment to know when to wait and when to move. In the past I have sometimes equated delay as denial and not seen it as Your protection. There are always others connected to the fulfillment of Words You have given me and my delay may be there preparation time. (Good)
Therefore, I choose to see Your timing as a place of rest and preparationâ€¦a place to develop trust and grow in anointing for the task ahead. I choose to wait on You. I will not run ahead into a mine field full of the enemies plans to destroy, maim and abort the plan You have for me and others connected with me. As I wait on you, the explosive plans of the enemy are exposed and dismantled.
Lord, I cry out to You as You have asked me to. I cry out for wisdom, understanding and revelation. I cry out for an abiding heart that hears You and walks out Your instruction accordingly. I give You my heavy load in exchange for Your light burden. My roots are growing deep to produce abundant fruit and my leavesâ€¦my countenanceâ€¦my faith do not wither for I have not and will not grow wearyâ€¦nor shall I faint. I will reap in due season. All things are coming in to maturity in my life, including my character and my hope. I forsake all frustration and embrace the green pasture of rest provided by the Lord. I drink from the still waters of promises given and promises kept. I rest in the original Promise Keeper.
The rain falls from the heavens and waters the earth. As a result, things grow, mature and become fruitful. It is the same with Your Word. Every Word you have given me is full of power and abilityâ€¦full of the redemptive work of the Cross and brings about the purpose for which it was sent to me. Everything You purpose for Your Word in my life shall be accomplished. Every need is and will be supplied according to the riches in glory in Christ Jesus. You called me from the very beginningâ€¦before the worlds were and are trustworthy to keep me according to all You have called me to be.
Therefore, I will not grow weary in doing goodâ€¦will not grow weary in following Your Word and unction of the Spirit. I will not be one who faints and I will reap in due season according to Your timing. I stand in the confidence of one who is a son of God and heir to salvation. I will be found standing on the day when my promises come into fullness and are manifest before me. I will not be late to my own party. I will not be absent for the manifestation of Your Word to me. The Lord has gone before me this day and every day after to make a way where there is no way. He has gone before me and I will follow His lead.
I do not have to demonstrate some kind of perfection based on my own self-doing, for I am already perfect in Him. Knowing this and walking accordingly gives me rest and takes the pressure of the journey off me and lets it rest on Him. Every word given to me by Him is truth already manifest and is waiting for me to receive it with my own heart that my eyes might see.
Therefore, I seize the day and grab hold of all promised to me. I do not give it over to the birds of the air. The Word promised is my inheritanceâ€¦my fruitâ€¦my destiny. I acknowledge the faithfulness of the Lord; thereby, I experience the fullness of strength, endurance and steadfastness it takes to not grow weary. I stand in the strength of the Lord and receive the refreshing of the Lordâ€¦receive the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. When the Lord speaks to me, a promise given is a promise kept and there is no dispute on my behalf. I will not be one who accuses my own self and thereby vacate the seat of honor given to me. The Great Promise Keeper has drawn near to me and I to Him. I am refreshed, renewed and full of expectant hope. I remain standing. Amen
- In what areas of your life are you experiencing weariness of heart or mindâ€¦in your marriage, your relationship with a child or loved oneâ€¦in any area of provision, healing, unfulfilled dreams or promises? Take time to write out your frustrationâ€¦your weariness. It is good to get it out in the open and then find Godâ€™s promise related to your need. Cling to the Word and faith will come.
- What promises in particular have people made to you in relation to helping you fulfill the dreams and visions of your heart and not kept them?
- How has this made you feel and have you become offended with them? If so, write out your offense and then write out your forgiveness as well. If you have directly confronted them in a negative and ungodly way, it is time to ask for forgiveness on a personal level. Either way, you must forgive and then release them. Once you have released them, release God to fulfill His plan for you anyway He pleases. Thank Him for not being limited to the success or failure of any man to accomplish His will for your life.
- Have you in anyway let the lack of fulfillment of dreams, words or promises cause you to be angry with God or live in a place of self-doubt and worry. Forgive Godâ€¦yes, I know it sounds strange somehowâ€¦but if you have blamed God, you must forgive God for somehow not meeting your need the way you thought it should be done. Come bold before the throne of grace and receive mercy in your time of need no matter what it is.
- You have already won the race in Himâ€¦meditate on this.
- Have you ever considered the opinions of men about you to be what the Lord thinks of you?
- Sometimes this happens without even realizing it. Even the slightest seemingly innoxious sounding words can have subtle power to make you think (especially if it is from someone who loves you, or is supposed to love you) that what they say is the truth. I have learned this; just because someone says it about you or thinks it about you doesnâ€™t mean it is true. You may have character flaws and make mistakes. However, this does not determine how the Lord values or sees you. Everyone has flaws and makes mistakes and everyone has the chance to change and grow beyond these things they struggle with in Him. What others think or say, failures and flaws are not the factors which determine what the Lord thinks about you. His Word and covenant to keep it are. Where have you believed someone elseâ€™s opinion over the Lordâ€™s?
- Lilies are adaptable, prolific and can grow in many environments including hostile and inhospitable ones? Since in Christ you are more than a lily, what does this say about abounding with abundant prolific growth in the environment you are planted in?
- Have you in any way seen your destiny tied to the ability of any man, woman or childâ€™s ability to keep their promise? If so, how?
- When others have failed to come through, has your reaction been one of anger, resentment, fear, self-pity, hopelessness, refusal to continue, self-devaluation, doubt, unbelief or do you see it as chance to wait on Him and get further wisdom, revelation and understanding? Do you see it as a chance to discover more of God and His ability to make something out of nothing?
- Take some time to ponder and ask Holy Spirit to show you any disappointments, unforgiveness, wrong self-opinions based on your own thoughts or the thoughts and words of others and let them go. Embrace hope in Him which does not disappoint.
- Define what it means in your own words for the Lord to be the original Promise Keeper.
- How have you let the facts you see in relations to your situations in your life have preeminence over the truth of the Word?
- What reoccurring areas of doubt and unbelief constantly reoccur in your life in the same area?
- How can you respond differently to them now when you contemplate the difference between facts and truth?
- Meditate on covenant not being based on your own faithfulness, actions or deed but on the finished work of the Cross.
- How can you on a practical level, based on this word, better seize the day in regards to your promises?
- How have you limited God or put Him in a box when it comes to the fulfillment of His Word to you?
- How have you seen the timing of the Lord, as a place of denial and frustration or as a place of rest, hope and protection?
- How has the illustration of mine fields and green pastures helped change you view of the Lordâ€™s timing?
- Can you give any personal instances where you have experienced the benefit of green pastures while waiting on the timing of the Lord? What did you experience or receive?
- Can you give any personal instances where you have experienced the detonation of the enemyâ€™s plans because you rushed head on into something without waiting on the timing of the Lord? Describe your experience. Has the Lord redeemed it and if so, how? If notâ€¦confess, repent and ask Him to redeem it.
- List some of the benefits to allowing the Lord to go before you through any mine fields?
- List some of the benefits to stopping to take a rest and drink the still waters.
- Have you ever felt you are only going through the motions or lack true faith when choosing to stand in the face of all oddsâ€¦.when choosing to stand when there is nothing in sight to show you it is worthwhile? If so, how and what have you or are you thinking about yourself during this time? To remain standing is one of the greatest acts of faith and is not related to feeling like the answer is there. More often than not, standing when standing is there is left to do, does not feel pleasant, overcoming or faithful. A lot of the time it feels faithless, hopeless and so on. This is good because, in of ourselves, we cannot do what needs to be doneâ€¦only He can. Standing develops humility, faith, trust and reveals the sovereignty, grace and mercy of a good God when the answer comes.
- How have you depended on your good worksâ€¦your devotion to Him or anything other than His covenant of faithfulness and the truth of His Word to bring about a promise given by Him?
- Describe on a personal level what it means to be perfect in Him and how being so can keep you in the seat of honorâ€¦keep you standing till the answer comes?
- What does it mean to you personally to frame your world with His Words?
- Are you willing to do anything He asks you to do in order to prevent the birds of the air from taking your fruit? What are two things capable of bringing increase that are mentioned in the Word for today?
- Where do you need refreshing the most right now? The Great Promise Keeper is within you and His manifest presence has drawn near to you. Take advantage and receive a time of refreshing and new strength to stand when it is all there is left to do. A new day has dawned for you.