â€śFor the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heartâ€ť (Hebrews 4:12 NIV).
Because of the hope [of experiencing what is] laid up (reserved and waiting) for you in heaven. Of this [hope] you heard in the past in the message of the truth of the Gospel,Which has come to you. Indeed, in the whole world [that Gospel] is bearing fruit and still is growing [by its own inherent power], even as it has done among yourselves ever since the day you first heard and came to know and understand the grace of God in truth. [You came to know the grace or undeserved favor of God in reality, deeply and clearly and thoroughly, becoming accurately and intimately acquainted with it.] (Colossians 1:5-6 Amplified)
My Word is a living word, a quick word, an active word. Every Word was and is breathed by Me, given by Me through the Holy Spirit. Each and every verse is like a finely crafted instrument in the hands of a master surgeon. Each verse is designed specifically for a purpose and contains an essence of whom and what I am. Fathoms of revelation are contained with the depths of each Word and can never be exhausted of their truth and beauty. My Word, like Me, has no beginning or end. It goes on and on and on . . . waiting to be revealed and understood by a seeking heart.
So deep is My Word, there is not enough time or enough adjectives to relay the intensity and power of each syllable contained within. Suffice to say, each verse contains volumes upon volumes with the capacity to fill limitless libraries. I and My Word are one. We contain all you need.
Through the circumstances of life, your experiences and by the very fact you are born with a sin nature, you have in a sense become infected with a type of bacteria. It can only be destroyedâ€”have its power removed from in your lifeâ€”by the blood of the Lamb, My â€śLiving Wordâ€ť and your submission to it.
Of course, the first action needed in all cases is salvation through the life-giving work of My son, Jesus, on the cross (John 3:16-18, Romans 10:9-10). From the point of salvation you are a new creature, a new person and old things have passed away. You must come to a revelation of this and appropriate it by making decisions each and every day to let go of old ways (2 Corinthians 5:17).
When old ways, thoughts or habits try to infiltrate and spoil the new wine of our communion, you must refuse to accept them as what they really are. Replace them with the truth and do as I have instructed.
Renew your mind with the Word and your thoughts, motives and actions will follow.Â It all starts in the mind with thoughts you either given into or take captive.Â Cut all wrong thoughts and attitudes off at conception. Use My â€śLiving Wordâ€ť in a proactive way to cut asunder all oppositional lies of the enemy and like a garden after a spring rain, you will grow by leaps and bounds, reaping the fruit of salvation and sanctification.
Beloved, even though you are born again, you have developedâ€”through the substance and circumstances of your lifeâ€”many wrong concepts and beliefs which need to be redeemed, transformed, and conformed to My truth. This is where My Word comes in. You must meditate on it day and night (Joshua 1:8). Think on it when you lie down and when you rise up. My Word must become more necessary than your physical bread (Matt. 4:4). It is the answer and has all the answers you need.
Remember it all starts with thoughts which are generated by what you feed your mind. Feed your mind, your soul and your spirit the Word and you will have much ammunition to fight the good fight of faith and overcome (1Timothy 6:12).
On the other hand, the enemy does like to come and speak in first person, leading you to believe all those ungodly ideas and attitudes stem solely from you. When this happens, ask Holy Spirit if the enemy does indeed have anything in you on which to make his accusations. If so, repent, receive forgiveness and shut the door by confessing what I have done with the words of your mouth.
As the days come and go in your life I release an understanding of the living attributes and power of My Word, enabling you to walk in more freedom. It is an inoculation of truth, liberty and power. When you ingest the Word, through verbal and mental agreement, it is empowered by Holy Spirit becoming a sharp double-edged sword (Hebrews 4:12).
It searches the depths of your being, revealing every thought (1Cornithians 2:9-12). It moves deep into the places of your soul and spirit, dividing and cutting asunder hindrances, long held beliefs and habits of the soul. The Word confronts lies believed by your soul, cuts them, removes them and inserts itself in the place of wrong mindsets and beliefs. It transforms you and turns pride into humility. Let go and embrace your new status in Meâ€”as status of being always made new (2 Corinthians 5:17). I desire it so.
As you assert yourself according to My Word and the truth therein, many paradigms will shift within the recess of your subconscious thinking. Like a dried up sponge sucks in water with a longing to be what it was originally created to be before being extracted from the ocean floor, you will draw on Me and absorb My Word.
And like the sponge you will be made supple, flexible and your heart will be softened and ready for the infilling of new wine. In order to minister to others without being dry and abrasive you must be filled with Me. Vertical comes before horizontal in order to not try and give away from a depleted state.
Circumstances surrounding you change and conform themselves to the Word released in you and from you. It is double-edged in many ways; it challenges you, changes you, heals you and releases power into your life and environment at the same time. You become a manifestation of the living Word and are no longer enslaved to carnal desires.
The lies you believe in your soulâ€”which is your mind, will, and emotionsâ€”are rooted deep into the structure and functions of your life. The only thing capable of separating you from those lies is My living Word and your appropriation of it. Submit to Me, resist the devil and he will flee (James 4:7).
Remember, submission comes first. Let pride be the first to fall for I oppose the proud and give grace to the humble (1 Peter 5:5). My Word lives. I have even put My Word above My name (Psalms 138:2). I must fulfill all I say. I am simply waiting for you to agree with Me, Beloved. I already know who you are. Now I want you to know as I know. Never settle for second best. Arise and proclaim the â€śLiving Word.â€ť
Beloved, as you arise and proclaim My Word, know this, when the Word enters your ear by the sound of your voice, it penetratesâ€”it goes into the very core separated between joints and marrow. It cuts away the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh and the pride of life.
When the Word comes in and cuts away the flesh of ungodly desires and habits, it can be painful, but I am always there to bind up the wounded and heal the brokenhearted (Job 5:18). Putting to death the flesh causes humility and freedom to be who I say you are, enabling you to flourish.
As you go about your life reading and ingesting the Word, it will also burrow itself into the deepest held secrets and dreams of your heart, convicting on one hand, releasing on the other.
My child, your heart contains many things. I need to remove the things that block the dreams and purpose I have placed there. Sometimes your dreams are hidden because you see yourself as unworthy, incapable of such bigness and hindered by past failures or lack of obedience, discipline or apathy. Many times the words of others who did not believe in you can echo through the chambers of your mind causing fear and doubt.
If you have felt in any way that you have been unable to please men, then you will have a tendency to believe you cannot please Me. The most awesome thing about Me is this; I love you just because you are. This unconditional love I give is a sure foundation to move out fromâ€”a secure place to build from.
Therefore, I am going to the very center of what you believe and cut away the root issues which cause you to act incorrectly or perceive wrongly. By doing this I enable you will see the very motives and intents behind the things you do.
I am going to turn your heart inside out with great grace and love and let you see all hindering factors, all sin, in order to lay them down. I am removing all things standing in the way of fulfilled destiny. I do all this with mercy. Never forget how I suffered all things, all temptation in order to sympathize with your weakness. I never ask you to do something you cannot do in Me. I went first to lead the way. Follow close and all will be well.
Remember, mercy triumphs over judgment. My kindness leads to repentance and you are cleansed by the washing of My Word (Ephesians 5:25-27).
Beloved, as you walk in My mercy and avail yourself of My grace through the power of My living Word, donâ€™t be surprised how tender your heart becomes. Donâ€™t be surprised at what you see. As I said before, â€śIf the enemy accuses be sure and ask if he has anything in you, then repent, receive forgiveness and shut the door by confessing My Word and what I have done for you.â€ť
Know this: today I open the eyes of your heart to see My Word in a different way (Ephesians 1:17-20). No longer will it be just something you read and hope will come to pass. I am releasing revelation. Old mind-sets about the life and power of My Word pass away today. I am injecting you with an inoculation of revelation and truth that will go to the deepest hidden places of your subconscious and release My light of truth.
The more you read My Word aloud, applying it personally to your life, the more you will believe it and the more transforming it will be. Insert your name and apply it directly. You will be astounded to see how renewed your thinking and actions become (Romans 12:2).
Every time you feel inclined to act contrary to what you know to be My reality, confess and release the Word of truth. When you do this, you come into agreement with Me, inoculating your soul with truth. Freedom to be who I called you to be is arising like the dawn of a bright day. Therefore, embrace the â€śLiving Wordâ€ť and hasten its coming. Draw near to Me for I am near.
Prayer Of Supplication And Declaration
Father, open my eyes to see the fullness, wonder and power of Your Word. Cause me to see it as a living Word with power to reveal the very essence of Your being to me. Take me into depths of revelation such as I have never experienced before. Lord, I submit myself and the things of the flesh to the power of Your Word and I choose to become obedient to it. Your sacrifice, Your blood has cleansed me from all unrighteousness and I continue to bring my flesh in subjection to the Cross and Your sacrifice.
Help me to be quick to see and hear before I make choices which are unprofitable for me and others. I chose to take my thoughts captive and walk according to the Spirit. As I do this, cut away every oppositional lie of the enemy and insert the truth about who I am in You. Water the garden of My heart and I will grow. I trust You to show me where lifeâ€™s circumstances and relationship with others have caused me to have wrong belief systems about You and about life. Many times I have listened to the voice of the enemy and taken it as my own, believing the things he says about me more than I believe You. I want to be quick to hear You in the midst of his accusations whether they are in thought or through the words of others.
Help me to walk in an assertive, aggressive way when it comes to Your Word. So many other things in my life get my undivided attention and when I really want to do something, I do it. I know it is a fact You can tell what is important to a person by what they do. It is the same with me. Please forgive me for being apathetic in my pursuit of Your Word . . . Your heart.
Convict me and release me. Show me the hidden dreams of my heart and help me to walk out, with faith, the ones I am aware of. Remove every dam of obstruction that blocks dreams and visions from coming to the surface where they can be heard, seen and embraced. Go to the very roots and remove all hindering factors, all sin and lay waste to the plans and schemes of the enemy. Cause me to be wise as a serpent and gentle as a dove (Matthew 10:16).
Even now as I pray, I can feel my heart softening, becoming tender in response to my time with You and the Words You have spoken over and to me. Always keep me close and I pray I am slow to anger and quick to repent. In doing this my heart, like a sponge dipped in water, will always be moist and contain enough to be squeezed out into the lives of others.
I receive Your Word as a living word. Every syllable of Your Word implanted within My heart will not return void. It will accomplish and bring about Your purposes within me and around me. Go deep into the hidden places, hidden even to me, and cut away anything that prohibits me from walking in Your fullness.
I choose to agree with You, Father. I choose to agree with the Word. I will meditate, think on and come in to vocal agreement with all You have said to me. Today I draw near to You and You draw near to me. My thinking is transformed by ingesting Your Word. I live not according to natural bread but every word that proceeds from Your mouth. Holy Spirit, forever keep me in remembrance of the Word. Amen
- What areas of your life do you need to turn over to the Master Surgeon and let Him cut away, cleansing you with the washing of His Word?
- What habits or old ways cause you to struggle and thereby bring condemnation to your heart? Take time to write it out and find a corresponding antidote in the Word. Choose to use your time wisely and confess these truths audibly over your weakness and as your mind is renewed you will receive an engrafting of faith to view yourself differently. When you view yourself differently, you act different.
- Have you been disciplined in meditating on His Word or does it seem too difficult to do? If it seems to difficult, maybe you are looking at biting off too much at one time. Consider taking just one or two verses in relation to an area you wish to overcome and start with them. Donâ€™t try to eat the whole elephant at one time. Take it bite by bite.
- What have you been feeding your mind? There are many ways to renew your mind, such as, worship, meditation on the Word, reading the Word out loud, fellowship with others, relaxing in His presence while listening to music (soaking), listening to CDs. How much of this are you doing in relation to TV, sports, or any other kind of entertainment? Entertainment in itself is not bad (if it is not ungodly) but can take the place of being with Him.
- Do you have the tendency to believe most or every accusation the enemy whispers in your ear is who you are or what you do
- Reflect and meditate (to consider, to mummer or speak) on the following scriptures and let the truth sink into your heart. Write a love note to Him and let Him respond with His love.
- â€śI have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ (the Messiah) lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live by faith in (by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in) the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself up for me. (Gal. 2:20)
- Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.(2 Corinthians 5:17KJV)Have you felt dry in any area of your life to the point it is almost abrasive to those around you? Have you ever tried to wipe a counter or clean up a mess with a dry sponge? It is virtually impossible. If your heart sponge is dry and you try to minister to another what do you think they might sense or receive from you?
- What have you believed about yourself that is contrary to what God knows about you?
- Reflect on the power of the Word to change not only you but your environment as you dare to mediate on it and believe what it says.
- Ponder the following verse and apply it to your life. Remember, all means ALL. â€śThe Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, endure forever–forsake not the works of Your own handsâ€ť (Psalms 138:8 Amplified)
- Ask Him to reveal any hidden areas and do not dismay when He does. They are only revealed to be destroyed thereby freeing you to walk in the fullness of purpose and destiny. Receive His mercy and kindness.
- Reflect on the power of the Word to not only cleanse but to reveal the dreams of your heart planted there by Him.
- Take time to write down the dream of your heart and look at it face to face. Then submit it to the Father with a heart of agreement. Search out His Word and find scriptures you can speak to gender faith. If you suffer with fear or lack of self-worth, or any other hindering factor, start with scriptures which tear down the enemies lies and impart faith. You can then move on to those which embrace your dreams.
- Reflect on His mercy triumphing over judgment in your life and how His kindness has ministered to you so many times and brought you to repentance.
- What do you need wisdom in most of all at this time in your life? If we ask for bread, He doesnâ€™t give us a stone. Solomonâ€™s request for wisdom moved the hand of God. He gives us wisdom liberally and ungrudgingly (James 1:5). Ask for wisdom and build your faith by using this verse as a spoken declaration until faith erupts within you. However, donâ€™t have any predisposed ideas of how this wisdom may come. It may come from unlikely sources.
- Draw near to the Father, listen carefully. He is ready to speak revelatory words to you. They can be the simplest of thoughts yet have the power to move your life in to a whole new realm of thinking and understanding. Write them down and agree. You will be amazed.