Beloved, consider the lilies and how they grow in relation to the promises and dreams of your lifeâ€¦in relation to all I have promised and all I say about you. What other people say or think about you can have no bearing on how I think and feel about you. No one has the power to persuade Me to feel differently about youâ€¦act differently toward you, influence Me in anyway related to being negative toward you, or stop Me from fulfilling all I have made covenant to do.
Just as the lily is capable of adapting and growing in many different environments, so are you capable of walking out the promise, purpose, destiny and dreams of your life. Lilies grow in valleys and fields. They grow in cultivated gardens and at times, they even grow among thorns. I, the Lily of the Valleys was once crowned with thorns and we all know how that worked out (Song of Songs 2:1). I am now seated at the right hand of Father and no thorn or plan of man could stop Me from being seated there.
Lilies grow rapidly and are very common in many environments. They can grow in the wildâ€¦in harsh conditions, unkind situations, and do so without effort. They do not toil nor do they spin. They simply grow in the environment provided. They bloom in a variety of colors including a brilliant white and their trumpet shaped petals protect the golden seeds of their heart.
With this in mind, know that you can grow and fulfill your dreams and walk out the fullness of destiny regardless of the success or failure of men to do on your behalf as they have promised. What stops you more than the unfulfilled promises of others is your own response to what happens in life both good and bad. Be like the lily and know you are a lily regardless of what environment you are planted inâ€¦regardless of whether the circumstances are pleasant and fulfilling or downright inhospitable.
Remember this most of all, when others fail, do not be lured into making things happen in your own flesh out of worry, fear or somehow having missed the mark. Bring it to Me instead and wait for the spring rain of new wisdom, revelation and understanding to come as to what your next step might be. And in the meantime while you are waiting, take pleasure and be fulfilled in the knowledge that I have clothed you in white and the golden seeds of promise are protected in the good soil of your heart. Trumpet this, even as the petals of the lily, trumpet a beauty more grand than all the beauty, excellence, grace and dignity with which Solomon was ever arrayed.
Beloved, have faith in Someone greater than you or those who have covenanted with youâ€¦those who made promises to you. Have faith in Me. Come aside with Me and the stress of life will cease. The need and pressure to arrive at your destination before you are supposed to will dissipate. The need to somehow get everything done NOW will fade away. Letting go of othersâ€¦letting go of worryâ€¦letting go of your own self-expectations will enable you to see the lily of your own life bloom.
Take a moment to simply close your eyes and see yourself free of expectations, disappointments, fears, and attachments to past negative experiences. Ask Me what you need to let go of in order not to spin or toilâ€¦in order to see the bloom of your own life as I see it. Ask Me. I am ready to answerâ€¦Read Complete Love Letter
Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father keeps feeding them. Are you not worth much more than they? And who of you by worrying and being anxious can add one unit of measure (cubit) to his stature or to the span of his life? And why should you be anxious about clothes? Consider the lilies of the field and learn thoroughly how they grow; they neither toil nor spin. Yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his magnificence (excellence, dignity, and grace) was not arrayed like one of these (Matthew 6:26-29 Amplified)
Lord, there is only one opinion of me that will ever truly matter, Yours. Your opinion of me must supersede even my own belief about myself and my value or worth. I am so grateful that You cannot be swayed by what others think or say about me. You arenâ€™t even persuaded by my own self-doubts. You act totally contrary to all the negativity indulged in by myself or othersâ€¦contrary to all failure on my partâ€¦contrary to all the false remunerations of men as You keep covenant with me without missing a beat. You are never persuaded by facts, situations or circumstances outside of Your very own nature to pursue me with a relentless, ravished heart of love.
Therefore, I declare I am not abandoned or held to the standard of men, for I was loved, am loved and will be loved for all eternity. I am more valuable than the birds of the air, more beautiful than the lilies which grace the valleys and the fields. I am one who can grow among the thorny actions of men. I grow in green valleys, in lush fields, in harsh places and am adaptable to any environment I am planted in. I do not toil nor do I spin. I simply draw from the vine I abide in, Jesus. I do not have to make things happen. They will flow like living waters out of my relationship to the Lord.
Like the lily, I am clothed in whiteâ€¦my hands are lifted up in adoration, praise and surrender and my heart holds the golden seeds of truth and promise given to me by the Lord. All these things will testify to the goodness of God as my dreams unfold before me to give glory to His name. My faith is in someone greater than meâ€¦greater than the promises of menâ€¦greater than unfulfilled promisesâ€¦greater than any success. My faith is in the Lord who is the hope of salvation, healing and deliverance. I shall not be moved. I stand on the Rock and let go of all disappointment, insecurity, expectations, past negative experiences or failures. I put my whole, complete hope in Him who does not disappoint, Jesus. As I do this, the bloom of my life springs forth to declare His love and glory. Amen
Reflect and Journal
- Have you ever considered the opinions of men about you to be what the Lord thinks of you?
- Sometimes this happens without even realizing it. Even the slightest seemingly innoxious sounding words can have subtle power to make you think (especially if it is from someone who loves you, or is supposed to love you) that what they say is the truth. I have learned this; just because someone says it about you or thinks it about you doesnâ€™t mean it is true. You may have character flaws and make mistakes. However, this does not determine how the Lord values or sees you. Everyone has flaws and makes mistakes and everyone has the chance to change and grow beyond these things they struggle with in Him. What others think or say, failures and flaws are not the factors which determine what the Lord thinks about you. His Word and covenant to keep it are. Where have you believed someone elseâ€™s opinion over the Lordâ€™s?
- Lilies are adaptable, prolific and can grow in many environments including hostile and inhospitable ones? Since in Christ you are more than a lily, what does this say about abounding with abundant prolific growth in the environment you are planted in?
- Have you in any way seen your destiny tied to the ability of any man, woman or childâ€™s ability to keep their promise? If so, how?
- When others have failed to come through, has your reaction been one of anger, resentment, fear, self-pity, hopelessness, refusal to continue, self-devaluation, doubt, unbelief or do you see it as chance to wait on Him and get further wisdom, revelation and understanding? Do you see it as a chance to discover more of God and His ability to make something out of nothing?
- Take some time to ponder and ask Holy Spirit to show you any disappointments, unforgiveness, wrong self-opinions based on your own thoughts or the thoughts and words of others and let them go. Embrace hope in Him which does not disappoint.